[arch-dev-public] drift between repo packages and ABS

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Wed Jan 22 14:14:12 EST 2014

Hi,

I've noticed that there's a significant number of packages which show
drift between the repo package and the PKGBUILD in ABS. This occurs
because devs/TUs update the PKGBUILD in SVN and call archrelease (or one
of its derivatives such as extrapkg) without releasing the package to
the repos. I don't think we should be doing this. It's fine if you want
to update trunk, but the repo directories should always match the live
repo package.

Here's the list with their respective mismatches. While most of them are
simple metadata, there's definitely more severe cases where attributes
like dependencies have drifted. I won't be tracking down individual
people to fix these, but please do a pkgrel bump and fix these when you
get a chance.

Cheers,
Dave

[extra]