[arch-dev-public] moving libpaper to extra / new (Calligra/LibO) Office related libs

Andreas Radke andyrtr at archlinux.org
Wed Jan 22 18:07:22 EST 2014

Am Wed, 22 Jan 2014 21:03:14 +0100
schrieb Jelle van der Waa <jelle at vdwaa.nl>:

> It totally makes sense to create packages for libraries which are
> used in Calligra and LibreOffice. Creating packages for obscure
> libraries used only in LibreOffice seems like an unnecessary maintain
> burden, I just wonder why you don't use boost and rhino from our
> repos.
>
> When I used to contribute to LibreOffice, I've build flawlessly
> against our repo's boost version.

Libpaper is now used by cups and ghostscript.

Libvisio is now used by Calligra and system libvisio will soon replace
the internal libvisio in LibO.

Libetonyek and libodfgen are used in LibO and will be used in Calligra
2.8.x. - so packaging these libs also makes sense.

Boost is only a makedep in LibO and not linked. Build was very often
broken when we had updated our system boost. As it has no benefit at
runtime I stay with the well tested internal boost in LibO.

For rhino LibO uses a patched source. I doubt we can use our rhino pkg.
Have a look at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/external/rhino/README

-Andy