[arch-dev-public] [RFC] Perl configuration revisited

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Fri Jun 6 18:37:37 EDT 2014

[2014-06-06 23:55:55 +0200] Florian Pritz:
> I also tried adding the major perl version (5.20) to the perl dirs we
> currently have in /usr/lib. So /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl would become
> /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/5.20, similar for the others. Perl's
> default would do something similar, but include the full version which
> seems overkill since I didn't see a minor update break API.

If the path is entirely up to us, I think something like

	/usr/share/perl5.20/{core,site,vendor}_perl

would make more sense, as the specifics should come last: upstream's
default of putting the version at the end looks ugly to my eyes...

But then again there might be value getting our packager closer to
upstream defaults, so I'll let you decide if the pros outweighs the
cons.

Cheers.

--
Gaetan