[arch-dev-public] [RFC] Moving mail away from gerolde

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Wed Jun 25 17:44:38 EDT 2014

On 25/06/2014 22:17, Florian Pritz wrote:
> On 23.06.2014 19:42, Florian Pritz wrote:
>> I haven't yet look into also migrating mailman from gudrun to nymeria
>> or maybe alderaan.
>
> When I created aur-requests I had to edit 3 files on 2 hosts to get the
> list to work. I'd like to change that so adding a new list is as easy as
> just adding it via the mailman webui.
>
> Best way to do that would be to move the list addresses to a subdomain
> and simply forward all mail for that domain to mailman. (I do that on my
> server)

To me, best way include to not change our mailing lists addresses.

Put all the mail stuff on the same host, mx and mailman interface (which
has already his own hostname) would offer an easy mailing list addition.

I tend to think that a different machine than nymeria would be a better
option to isolate our mail functions from package management on our
infrastructure.

We also have the same synchronization issue with accounts and we could
easily save addition and removing time by adding an ldap server.

But you could also sync mailman aliases over 2 hosts to solve this
multiple edition and prevent to change our mailing lists addresses.

Cheers,

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer
https://seblu.net | Twitter: @seblu42