[arch-dev-public] [kde-unstable] 4.13

Andrea Scarpino andrea at archlinux.org
Sat Mar 8 03:38:43 EST 2014

Hi all,
it's again time for a new major release of KDE.

The first beta of the 4.13 series has been released[1].
As usual, you find the packages in the [kde-unstable] repo, which only
contains beta/rc releases.
Read install instruction from here[2].

*NOTE*: It requires [testing] enabled.

The following packages have been added:
* kfilemetadata
* baloo
* baloo-widgets
* kdeedu-artikulate
* kqtquickcharts

KDE is migrating from Nepomuk to Baloo. Dolphin, KDEPIM and Gwenview have
already been ported to Baloo, but KActivities is not (and maybe never will be
ported in any 4.x release) so I disabled Nepomuk support for it.
This way you can run a basic KDE desktop without Nepomuk. Anyway Amarok, KDE-
Telepathy, Digikam and more still use Nepomuk, but future releases will not.
You can take a look to the this list[3].
Nepomuk and Baloo can co-exists, but this is advise against and you've to
manually disable Nepomuk.

Please report any packaging bug to our bug tracker.

KDE bugs go in the upstream bug tracker.
Have a nice update and testing!

Watch the list of known issues[4].

[1] http://kde.org/announcements/announce-4.13-beta1.php
[2] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KDE#Unstable_releases