[arch-dev-public] Fwd: Arch Continuous Integration

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Nov 10 14:34:21 UTC 2014

On 11/11/14 00:16, Florian Pritz wrote:
> On 10.11.2014 12:37, Allan McRae wrote:
>> I think this is something we need to bring on board as an official
>> project at some stage!
>
> +1, I'd love to see this data get merged into our main site (especially
> a "not-building" table in the dev dashboard).
>

> To Joel:
>
> Only issue I've noticed so far is that multilib is apparently not
> enabled and therefore virtualbox, chromium and syslinux fail because
> they can't find lib32 dependencies.
>
> What kind of hardware backs this and how long does a full rebuild of all
> packages take?
>
> Apart from that, awesome idea and nice interface (maybe missing a
> maintainer filter, but you don't really have that data I guess).
>
> PS: I'm sending this to arch-general so discussion can continue on one
> list (if you want that).

I asked the build time earlier.  Here is Joel's answer:

"I have it record the build time for each package, so if I just add the
average build times it gives around 6 days to build all the packages in
core, extra, and community. That's for a single core build on one
machine. I usually build multiple packages on each machine at once as a
large portion of the time is often spent downloading sources. "