[arch-dev-public] On pushing a standalone opencv 3.x

Rashif Ray Rahman schiv at archlinux.org
Fri Dec 4 17:07:03 UTC 2015

Hey folks

I apologize for the rather tardy package maintenance and management
that's been going on for some time.

I had prepped opencv 3.x a long time ago, and it seems there is no
point in waiting for third-parties to migrate. I had users requesting
a separate package and a couple of them have helped test it.

If there are no objections, I'll go ahead and push 3.x, which should
co-exist fine with 2.x. I suppose it's OK to break our naming
convention in cases like these.


More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list