[arch-dev-public] Fwd: Non-core kernel

Jan Alexander Steffens jan.steffens at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 18:48:39 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 8:37 PM, Johannes Löthberg
<johannes at kyriasis.com> wrote:
> Not arguing against this at all, but was wondering if there have been
> attempts to get the zen things merged upstream?

All the big features come from other upstreams. For example, BFQ is
not merged because the kernel maintainers want it as a patch to CFQ,
not a separate scheduler. AUFS is not merged because it's a huge
spaghetti mess (and we now have overlayfs). What remains are tweaks
for PC usage that conflict with Linux' generalism. Gotta run good on
that big iron.