[arch-dev-public] Hooks!

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sat Apr 23 07:03:08 UTC 2016

According to the news announcement, today is the day we can start using
hooks!  (as long as you live in the future like me - those of you in the
past will need to catch up a day).

I have started a wiki page to discuss which hooks to add [1].  So far
this includes "update-desktop-database", "update-mime-database", and
"info-install" hooks to be added. I also included a list of potential
other hooks.  I have no idea about these or how to create hooks for
them, so it is up to other people.

I'd like to get as many hooks as possible into our packages in one go
and then create rebuild lists for them.  This way, if a package can
benefit from multiple hooks, it will only need rebuilt once.

Please take a look at that page and add any hook that you think will be
useful to your packages.  I will dump the first three into packages in
the next couple of days and make rebuild lists.  These will not got to
[staging]/[testing] as there is no harm having the hook do some
duplicated effort until all the packages are rebuilt.

Cheers,
Allan

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:Pacman_Hooks