[arch-dev-public] Shadowing i686, round 1

Maxime Gauduin alucryd at archlinux.org
Tue Dec 13 10:53:27 UTC 2016

+1 here as well.

I don't test i686 either and I already have a few packages (emulation related) that are x86_64 only, either because they won't build on i686 without some fixes, or because upstream flat out dropped support for it.

Cheers,

December 13, 2016 10:31 AM, "Allan McRae" <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:

> On 13/12/16 19:20, Bartłomiej Piotrowski wrote:
>
>> On 2016-12-12 22:02, Jelle van der Waa wrote:
>>> I'm in favor of an auto build solution, since this has multiple
>>> bonusses. We could extend the auto build solution for reproducible
>>> builds (yay!). Auto rebuilds and maybe later when vendors get their act
>>> togehter (aarch64 *cough*).
>>
>> Creating a new or adapting existing solutions is time consuming. We
>> struggle to finish and switch to VCS-agnostic dbscripts for a long time
>> and I wouldn't expect that any automated build server will take less
>> time, not to mention security concerns expressed in previous
>> discussions. On the opposite, dropping support is effortless.
>
> Given we can't get databases signed, I can't ever see an autobuild
> system working.

Maxime