[arch-dev-public] Merging {g,}vim-python3 into {g,}vim package

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 05:41:13 UTC 2016

Hi

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 9:22 PM, Anatol Pomozov <anatol.pomozov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway the new version of vim is in [testing] please check and let me
> know if you see any specific issues with python2/python3 bindings.

Actually just found such case myself.

:py import glib

gives error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/glib/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
    from glib._glib import *
ImportError: /usr/lib/libpyglib-2.0-python2.so.0: undefined symbol:
_Py_ZeroStruct

Checking /usr/lib/libpyglib-2.0-python2.so.0 I found that it uses
Python symbols but "ldd" shows no dependency to the correct
libpython.so version. It seems vim dynamic loader does not known what
libpython to use.

I believe third-party python packages should be linked with correct
libpython version. Will research it once I get more time, but if
someone knows more info about this issue then please share.