[arch-dev-public] Making our mailing lists DMARC/DKIM safe (drop subject prefix)

Johannes Löthberg johannes at kyriasis.com
Fri May 27 16:29:48 UTC 2016

On 27/05, Florian Pritz wrote:
>I don't see any benefit in having the listname in the subject since
>mails are generally filtered into dedicated mailboxes per list anyway.
>Changing the subject just means that when browsing that mailbox all
>subjects start with the same useless text.

I'm honestly doubtful that a majority of Arch users filter mailinglists
to different mailboxes.

Either way, we could technically set it up to require the user to
specify the list name in the subject, the same way that you currently
have to specify the project name in the subject to send patches to
arch-projects at .

Overall I'm +/-0 though.

--
Sincerely,