[arch-dev-public] [arch-devops] Making our mailing lists DMARC/DKIM safe (drop subject prefix)

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Fri May 27 17:52:02 UTC 2016

On Fri, 27 May 2016 17:36:08 +0200 Florian Pritz <bluewind at xinu.at>
wrote:
> Opinions?

Got some private replies. Apparently some people do not filter their
list mail. I never thought about that given I am subscribed to way too
many lists for this to be bearable. I guess that's perfectly fine if you
are only on one or a few low traffic lists though.

Another issues I didn't think about is that the reply-to header is
recommended to be signed by the RFC (if it is set) and our lists modify
that header. I guess that's something even more people are used to than
the subject prefix.

I'll look into having mailman change the From address and resign the
mail if that doesn't already work. I think it should, but I'll need to
test it.

Changing the list configs is probably to invasive so I'm dropping this.
Thanks for the feedback guys!

PS: Also sending this to arch-dev-public again so everyone sees the
mail.

Florian