[arch-dev-public] Arch Linux Container and Boxes

Christian Rebischke Chris.Rebischke at archlinux.org
Wed May 31 14:02:07 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 11:36:43AM +0200, Jelle van der Waa wrote:
> On 05/31/17 at 01:05am, Christian Rebischke wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> > I am pleased to announce that pierre and me founded the 'Archlinux'
> > Organisation on hub.docker.com and pierre pushed his awesome docker
> > container to this repository. (Big thanks to pierre!). [1][2]
> >
> > His docker container is a huge improvement to the other docker
> > containers in the hub. Most of them are insecure, ship private keys
> > within the container or ship more applications as needed.
> >

> Awesome! How often is the container updated?

The vagrant images will be updated every month. Currently I update them
manually. So I build them via packer and push them manually into atlas.
It is possible to even automate this.

I can't talk about the docker release cycle. This is still something
that I need to discuss with pierre.

> > So my question to you is now:
> >
> > Can we make this project official? Or do we even want to make this
> > official? I would like to start a discussion with this questions.
>
> What would be needed to make it official? And which part, as I see the
> docker container as being official (tm).

I would ask docker for becoming an 'official' account[1][2]
and I would like to mention the container and boxes on our
'Download'-Page.

[1] https://hub.docker.com/explore/
[2] For example 'nginx' https://hub.docker.com/_/nginx/