[arch-dev-public] Arch Linux Container and Boxes

Bartłomiej Piotrowski bpiotrowski at archlinux.org
Wed May 31 10:41:15 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-31 01:05, Christian Rebischke wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I am pleased to announce that pierre and me founded the 'Archlinux'
> Organisation on hub.docker.com and pierre pushed his awesome docker
> container to this repository. (Big thanks to pierre!). [1][2]

Can we give more people from the devops team admin access there? We
already have too many places that only 1 or 2 of us can access.

> His docker container is a huge improvement to the other docker
> containers in the hub. Most of them are insecure, ship private keys
> within the container or ship more applications as needed.

Any reason systemd is there? Recursive removal cuts off 30MB. The fact
that libldap depends on e2fsprogs also seems wrong. I know, "patches
welcome".

> Can we make this project official? Or do we even want to make this
> official? I would like to start a discussion with this questions.

Given yours and Pierre's involvement, it can already be considered official.

> In case of yes, I would like to have pierre and my project on
> projects.archlinux.org and would like to found the channel
> #archlinux-boxes on freenode.

Does it really needs a separate channel? Don't we have
#archlinux-projects for that?

Bartłomiej