[arch-dev-public] Switching the bugtracker to Bugzilla

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Tue Nov 14 19:30:21 UTC 2017

It's time to switch our to something which is maintained and can be extended to
our wishes. Flyspray isn't actively maintained, has had several security issues [1] [2].

It seems to be time to move on, and Bugzilla is one of the more active and
maintained bugtrackers out there. Used by several big projects such as
Gnome, LLVM and Mozilla. One of the benefits of moving would be the
possibility of default assignees per 'component'.

# Migration

There are several options for migrating the bug history to Bugzilla and a few options are under
debate. (input welcome)

* No migration at all
* Migrate open bugs
* Migrate open bugs and auto-closing them
* Migrate all bugs
* Migrate all bugs and auto-closing them

In either case, I believe it would be nice to "archive" the current bugtracker and make it read
only.

# User migration

User migration should be possible as well, except migrating the password, a mass password reset
would be wise. Since I'm not sure what kind of old hashing method / salt flyspray uses.

# Migration Projects

Bugzilla has a concept of products with components, so for all our packages we can create a
component counterpart. It should be possible to auto-assign bugs with the pkgname <-> maintainer
information from archweb.

Possible products would be.

# Products

* Arch packages (core/extra or split this up)
* Community packages (community)
* Pacman
* AURWeb
* Keyring
* Archweb (new)
* Arch VM / Docker images (new)
* Release engineering

Input would be welcome, on what we should migrate from flyspray and what products we should define.

[1] https://github.com/Flyspray/flyspray/releases/tag/v1.0-rc6
[2] https://github.com/Flyspray/flyspray/releases/tag/v1.0-rc4

--
Jelle van der Waa