[arch-dev-public] Switching the bugtracker to Bugzilla

Johannes Löthberg johannes at kyriasis.com
Tue Nov 14 21:11:02 UTC 2017

Quoting Jelle van der Waa (2017-11-14 20:30:21)
> There are several options for migrating the bug history to Bugzilla and a few options are under
> debate. (input welcome)
>
> * No migration at all
> * Migrate open bugs
> * Migrate open bugs and auto-closing them
> * Migrate all bugs
> * Migrate all bugs and auto-closing them
>
> In either case, I believe it would be nice to "archive" the current bugtracker and make it read
> only.

My first reaction is that it'd be nice to not have a bunch of old cruft
around, but if we autoclose them and we could get the migrated bugs to
have the same ID it would simplify having the old links still work with
just a simple redirect to the new URL with the same ID, and it would
mean that we wouldn't need to keep the current bugtracker around for the
indefinite future.

> # Products
>
> * Arch packages (core/extra or split this up)
> * Community packages (community)
> * Pacman
> * AURWeb
> * Keyring
> * Archweb (new)
> * Arch VM / Docker images (new)
> * Release engineering

I feel like having core and extra as separate products would make
searching and filling in the component field a *lot* easier, because
that's pretty much my biggest annoyance with e.g. the GNOME bugzilla,
their component lists are huge and it's really hard to browse through
them.

--
Sincerely,
  Johannes Löthberg