[arch-dev-public] Switching the bugtracker to Bugzilla

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Tue Nov 14 21:39:37 UTC 2017

[2017-11-14 22:11:02 +0100] Johannes Löthberg via arch-dev-public:
> My first reaction is that it'd be nice to not have a bunch of old cruft
> around,

For what it's worth: I completely agree.

My choice would be to start over with a clean bug tracker and not
migrate anything. Everyone who cares will create their account on the
new tracker and every bug that matters will be recreated. And in the
process we'll get rid of hundreds of very old bug no one cares about.

> but if we autoclose them and we could get the migrated bugs to
> have the same ID it would simplify having the old links still work with
> just a simple redirect to the new URL with the same ID,

If that's straightforward to implement, sure, that'd be nice.

But if not I don't think it's worth patching bugzilla for.

> and it would
> mean that we wouldn't need to keep the current bugtracker around for the
> indefinite future.

We can convert the current tracker into a bunch of static pages.
Personally I'd find that a very clean archival solution...

Cheers.

--
Gaetan