[arch-dev-public] Access to CNCF community cluster

Santiago Torres-Arias santiago at archlinux.org
Wed Dec 12 19:56:20 UTC 2018

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 07:56:35PM +0100, Bartłomiej Piotrowski via arch-dev-public wrote:
> Few months ago I asked on arch-dev whether we would like to ask for
> access to Cloud Native Computing Foundation cluster, which we could use
> to experiment with automated package builds (or anything else really).

I must've missed it, but I really like the idea. Having a CI system
running there would be ideal.

I'm at kubecon right now, so let me know if I should ping/bother someone
with it.

> Following no response I actually did so anyway[1] and I have been
> invited to CNCF organization on packet.net, where we can spawn new
> dedicated machines for fun and profit. Obvious caveat is that we are
> guests and shouldn't abuse it; less obvious one is that packet.net does
> not support Arch out-of-the-box but it can be achieved via PXE and
> cloud-init (currently residing in AUR?).

I could also try to find osmenoe to talk about it. Would it be possible
to spin official archlinux docker images for our goals instead though?

Thanks!
-Santiago.