[arch-dev-public] New dbscripts maintainer (aka: Making dbscripts great again!)

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Mon Jan 29 19:19:50 UTC 2018

Hi all. I feel bad about this. I was not transparent at all about my
plans and got lost in a pile of projects which are only slowly
progressing. I started improving dbscripts to make it easier to work
with; which led to creating a Docker base image to be able to test the
latter. Most of my free time then went into a huge refactoring of
archlinux.de to finally extract and improve on the pkgstats backend.
Now I am drowning in hundreds of arch related emails and "things I
should do".

I would welcome help on dbscripts a lot. I had a look at those git
attempts in the past but in the end they were not easily mergable.
Maybe a few suggestions:
* Let's use github for Pull Requests
* Make sure PRs are small enough to be reviewable in let's say within an hour
* New code needs to be tested (Travis build needs to pass)
* Code Coverage should be as close to 100% as possible and useful

If we prefer a complete rewrite (e.g. when moving from Bash to e.g.
Go) where small pull requests are not possible and we need to start
from scratch, I would still strongly recommend my suggestions above;
esp. those about testing.

Greetings,

Pierre