[arch-dev-public] Speaking of OCaml: willing to orphan merlin + deps

Jürgen Hötzel juergen at hoetzel.info
Sun Aug 18 06:16:53 UTC 2019

Hi,

Bruno Pagani via arch-dev-public writes:

> orphan merlin (OCaml smart auto-completion for emacs/vim) and its
> dependency tree as I’m no longer using any of those and don’t expect to
> use them again:
>
> – cppo
> – dune
    ^^^^

I'd take maintainership of dune. More and more OCaml projects switch from
ocamlbuild and other legacy build system to dune:
It is very likely that in the future all important OCaml-based
applications will (make)depend on it.

> – menhir
> – merlin
> – ocaml-biniou
> – ocaml-easy-format
> – ocaml-yojson

+1

OCaml developers will have a better experience using the standard OCaml
package manager "opam" anyway (I'm using merlin-lsp via "opam pin"
instead of merlin).

Jürgen