[arch-dev-public] RFC: (devtools) Changing default compression method to zstd

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Tue Dec 31 15:04:29 UTC 2019

Em dezembro 15, 2019 15:22 Robin Broda via arch-dev-public escreveu:

> All known issues have been dealt with.
> We are waiting on the patches to land, thus:
> - https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/any/namcap/ being upgraded to 3.2.9
> - https://github.com/archlinux/archivetools/pull/8 being merged
> - https://github.com/coderobe/infrastructure/commit/7155521ed6f823ac6c6d06d1b9dcdb8a5165c417 being picked into infrastructure.git
>   - this *depends on* the archivetools patch
>   - archive-cleaner is not mission-critical, it does not need to be patched before the scheduled deployment
>     - Foxboron is working on a patch
>

> These can all be dealt with during the deployment if they do not happen beforehand anyways.
> This means the deployment will happen as planned.

Hi All,

We seem to be getting .zst packages just fine. The following packages are on zstd format already:

git
kdevelop
remind
ipython
chromium
exim
libva
perl-xml-sax
clang
llvm
llvm
lib32-llvm
nodejs
ldc
youtube-viewer
cuda
xfce4-terminal
qt5-tools
llvm
lib32-llvm
mpv
qtcreator
jenkins
texstudio
python-keyring
ldc
lldb
you-get
openmp
python-keyrings-alt
log4cplus
acorn
libfm-qt
min
matrix-synapse
lld
udftools
v2ray
compiler-rt
trojan
netcdf-openmpi
shiboken2
shiboken2
python-parameterized
parity-ethereum
cbindgen
ibm-sw-tpm2
golang-gopkg-check.v1
golang-golang-x-sys
golang-golang-x-crypto
golang-golang-x-image
python-cfn-lint
python-dephell
mill
python-gdspy
tpm2-totp
python-poetry
ruby-public_suffix
ruby-ffi
devtools
python-zstandard
terraform-provider-keycloak
wishbone-utils
s-nail
python-rdflib-jsonld
libarchive
grub
openvpn

Also, this is the order they were added to the repositories, so, kudos Christian
for sending our very first .zst package. We haven't had any complaints either, so
I think everything is good.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini