[arch-dev-public] Improving overall experience for contributors follow up

Morten Linderud foxboron at archlinux.org
Wed Feb 6 21:34:11 UTC 2019

On Wed, Feb 06, 2019 at 04:26:03PM -0500, Eli Schwartz via arch-dev-public wrote:
> >   I'm quite sure others others have such projects on their mind which
> >   are not publicly findable yet. (sogrep to devtools for example)
>
> sogrep as it currently exists on the soyuz build server depends on
> private paths to /srv/ftp
>
> I've reimplemented it here, FWIW:
> https://github.com/eli-schwartz/dotfiles/blob/master/bin/sogrep
>
> To go with:
> https://github.com/eli-schwartz/dotfiles/blob/master/bin/pkg-list-linked-libraries
>
> Problem is I'm not sure either one strictly belongs in devtools.

Been meaning to write a proposal about getting a `contrib` repository that would
be staging grounds for new devtools additions, or just nice to have in general.

I believe such tools would fit in such a project and help us organize tools
loosly related to TU/Dev duties that are currently hard to share or find.

--
Morten Linderud
PGP: 9C02FF419FECBE16