[arch-dev-public] bringing vivaldi browser to community

Andreas Radke andyrtr at archlinux.org
Sat Jun 1 16:06:38 UTC 2019

Am Sat, 01 Jun 2019 17:53:58 +0200
schrieb Ike Devolder via arch-dev-public
<arch-dev-public at archlinux.org>:

> On Sat, 2019-06-01 at 21:30 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> > You don't seem to
> > explain why you need to ask in your email.
>
> Because it is proprietary and I explain that now there is a valid
> reason compared to 3 years ago where there was practically no
> difference between vivaldi, chromium and opera.

Crap. There's no reason to support any closed browser at all. We are
still an Open Source Linux distribution. Sure we have a relaxed policy
adding closed source packages and blobs wherever needed to support
hardware.

But there's no reason to support spying tools like closed source browsers!

-Andy