[arch-dev-public] Follow-up on the “Proposal: minimal base system”

Levente Polyak anthraxx at archlinux.org
Sun Mar 17 22:45:35 UTC 2019

On March 17, 2019 11:13:31 PM GMT+01:00, Gaetan Bisson via arch-dev-public <arch-dev-public at archlinux.org> wrote:
>[2019-03-17 19:07:23 +0100] Bruno Pagani via arch-dev-public:
>> This is a follow-up on the last month discussion about a “minimal
>base
>> system”.
>
>Creating a new thread removed from the discussion we had a month ago
>just makes it so much harder for all of us to remember what everyone's
>arguments and counter-arguments were. Please do not do this. For my
>part, I thought we had reached consensus with Allan's message:
>
>	https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2019-February/029471.html

>         list of dependencies, etc.) and we adopt this as the new base.
>
>If that is not satisfactory to you, please reply to that specific
>message and say why. That would have been far more constructive than
>your present message which rehashes some of the discussion we've
>already
>had and adds new questions I have no idea where you're going with.

I thought so too, also don't really see why we need a different set than the one already proposed but curious to hear.
I just didn't went any further yet to give more
time for people to potentially talk about
something not yet mentioned. I don't quite see
why we are facing something very time critical
here so it's fine to wait a bit and give people
enough room to feel comfortable with this
whole change.

Cheers,
Levente