[arch-dev-public] Follow-up on the “Proposal: minimal base system”

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Sun Mar 17 23:02:30 UTC 2019

[2019-03-17 23:29:12 +0100] Bruno Pagani via arch-dev-public:
> I was satisfied with the consensus we reached, but when I asked on IRC
> how I should revive the thread so that we move on with that proposal to
> an actual implementation, I faced concerns about this proposal from
> several persons.

I see.

Most devs, myself included, have no idea who told you what on IRC and I
really wish you'd give zero credit to the opinions of those who cannot
be bothered to write their thoughts clearly and send a public message to
this list so everyone has a chance to read and comment on them.

We're reached consensus in the open discussion we've had here last
month, where every dev and TU was free to contribute, without timezone
problems, etc. That's all that matters.

> The conclusion of our discussions was that we
> apparently didn’t even agree on the premises, so that the discussion
> should restart at a more fundamental level.

That doesn't sound like moving forward to me. Agreeing on conclusions
should be enough. We don't need to see eye-to-eye on everything.

Cheers.

--
Gaetan