[arch-dev-public] New kernel packages and mkinitcpio hooks

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Mon Nov 11 02:54:59 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-11-10 at 18:41 -0300, Giancarlo Razzolini via arch-dev-public
wrote:
> These changes were made after a lot of discussions between myself, Jen and
> the maintainers
> of the other kernels as well. We have spent a lot of time to arrive at this
> current format. [2]

Hello,

Nice to see that moving forward. It is a smart to move pacman installed kernel
out of /boot.
Why do you rely on mkinitcpio (or later dracut) to install them in /boot
instead of the systemd kernel-install logic?

Regards,

Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer