[arch-dev-public] Bug tracker migration

Frederik Schwan freswa at archlinux.org
Sun Aug 30 15:04:18 UTC 2020

On 30/08/2020 16.21, Jelle van der Waa wrote:
> On 30/08/2020 01:02, Frederik Schwan via arch-dev-public wrote:
>> 1) I'd like to hold a bug wrangling day, where our goal is to close as many bugs as possible.
>>    Any TU, Reporter and bug wrangler is invited to help out :) Unfortunately I can't offer any cookies that day :/
> This is coordinated on #archlinux-bugs on Freenode right?

Yes, I'll send out an arch announce draft when this discussion is over which includes that we are available on the #archlinux-bugs channel for questions.

>>    Rules:
>>      a) Bug with no reply for at least 6 months which has been submitted for a different version than the current one in
>>         the repos shall be closed with a message that a reopen request may be filled if this issue is still present.
> I think we have a lot of issues which are fixable but the packager has
> not been able to do it yet. In my opinion we should also try to fix as
> much packages as possible, which everyone should be able to do.

Thanks, I'll add that.

"Any bug shall be fixed if a fix is available and the maintainer just hasn't had time to apply it yet."

>>      b) Any infrastructure ticket shall not be touched. This will be handled by $DevOps.
> What infrastructure tickets are there on flyspray? What about other
> projects such as aurweb, pacman etc?

That was a bad phrase - sorry.

"We focus on the [community], [core], [extra] and [multilib] bugs in the 'Arch Linux' and the 'Community Packages' project."

I don't want to stop anyone from reviewing pacman or release engineering bugs, but it's rather small and in good shape compared to the big two trackers.

Cheers,

Frederik