[arch-dev-public] Bug tracker migration

Morten Linderud foxboron at archlinux.org
Sun Aug 30 18:09:48 UTC 2020

On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 01:02:51AM +0200, Frederik Schwan via arch-dev-public wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I'd like to migrate the beloved Flyspray bug tracker to our new Gitlab instance.
> [snip]

> TLDR:
> [snip]
> - new bug tracker -> Gitlab

> [snip]
> 3) When enough tickets are closed or when $DevOps is tired enough of Flyspray,
>    we'll migrate the rest of the tickets to Gitlab. We seek to keep Flyspray as a
>    static homepage to allow the reference in the new bug tracker to old tickets
>    and to keep the integrity of search engine results.

Removing flyspry is all fine and dandy, but I'm why hasn't there been any
discussion *how* bugs are supposed to be handled on gitlab? What are our options
besides gitlab? Why gitlab at all?

There is some discussions moving from svn to git in the future, and I should
have sent an email about this, but how can we be moving a bugtracker when we
don't even know how packages are going to be structured in the first place?

There is a lot that has been left out so why this sudden announcemnt with no
insight?

--
Morten Linderud
PGP: 9C02FF419FECBE16