[arch-dev-public] Bug tracker migration

Ike Devolder ike.devolder at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 18:50:09 UTC 2020

On 30/08/2020 01:02, Frederik Schwan via arch-dev-public wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I'd like to migrate the beloved Flyspray bug tracker to our new Gitlab instance.
>
> TLDR:
> - Bug wrangling day on the 13th of September; see 1)
> - Flyspray will be read-only after we rewrite the Archweb URLs
> - new bug tracker -> Gitlab
>

> 1) I'd like to hold a bug wrangling day, where our goal is to close as many bugs as possible.
>    Any TU, Reporter and bug wrangler is invited to help out :) Unfortunately I can't offer any cookies that day :/
>
>    Rules:
>      a) Bug with no reply for at least 6 months which has been submitted for a different version than the current one in
>         the repos shall be closed with a message that a reopen request may be filled if this issue is still present.
>      b) Any infrastructure ticket shall not be touched. This will be handled by $DevOps.
>
> 2) Afterwards we will point the bug tracker links in the Archweb to the new location and opening new tickets in Flyspray
>    will be disabled. The project structure of the future Gitlab bug tracker will be discussed in a seperate mail and
>    is not part of this mail(thread).
>
> 3) When enough tickets are closed or when $DevOps is tired enough of Flyspray, we'll migrate the rest of the tickets to
>    Gitlab. We seek to keep Flyspray as a static homepage to allow the reference in the new bug tracker to old tickets and
>    to keep the integrity of search engine results.
>
> Please make sure you all have a working account at our Gitlab instance.
>
> Cheers,
> Frederik

I like the idea of moving away from flyspray as a bugtracking system.
Why not first move the packages in gitlab so you can use the bugtracker
per package. That will give a proper corrolation and you even can link
tickets together if they were created for the wrong package. For
infrastructure and even more administrative ticketing you can just setup
a separate gitlab repo to do just that.

I don't think moving from flyspray 'community packages' bugtracker to a
gitlab 'community packages' bugtracker will be much of an improvement.

Greets,
Ike