[arch-dev-public] [RFC] Debug packages and debuginfod

Morten Linderud foxboron at archlinux.org
Tue Dec 1 12:52:17 UTC 2020

On Tue, Dec 01, 2020 at 12:58:40PM +0100, Jelle van der Waa wrote:

> > - Add a debuginfod role to the infrastructure repository.
>
> Please create a new ticket in the infra repo with some
> requirements/details! Especially with information where we host
> debuginfod, size requirements etc.

I don't know about size. I think the question is if we are happy to have the
debuginfod service running on gemini, or if we want another service for this
purpose. This is also why I wanted some time on this on a future devops meeting
:) So hopefully we can lay down some problems and solutions.

> > - Test and deploy the dbscripts support for debug packages.
>
> Is this separate of the Git migration? Or is the git migration a
> requirement to get debug packages

This is seperate from the git migration, yes.

> > - Add support to devtools for uploading debug packages.
> > - Announce debuginfod support.
> > - Discuss how to distribute the packages.
>
> We can at least host them on gemini and make them staff only in the
> beginning.

I agree :)

> Greetings,
>
> Jelle