[arch-dev-public] Removing dependency on fontconfig/xorg-mkfontscale of font packages

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Thu Jul 2 11:00:27 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 29-06-20, Andreas Radke via arch-dev-public wrote:
> I'm going to remove the unneeded dependency on xorg-fonts-alias package
> from various font packages where it doesn't belong.

FYI, I had old font packages on my system that (obviously) still have this
dependency, causing upgrade to fail:

:: xorg-fonts-alias-100dpi and xorg-fonts-alias are in conflict. Remove xorg-fonts-alias? [y/N] y
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: removing xorg-fonts-alias breaks dependency 'xorg-fonts-alias' required by fonts-tlwg
:: removing xorg-fonts-alias breaks dependency 'xorg-fonts-alias' required by ttf-cheapskate
:: removing xorg-fonts-alias breaks dependency 'xorg-fonts-alias' required by ttf-mph-2b-damase
:: removing xorg-fonts-alias breaks dependency 'xorg-fonts-alias' required by ttf-ubraille

This is only midly annoying because I should have cleaned those up long
ago, but maybe put a notice on the website about this change?

Baptiste