[arch-dev-public] Removing dependency on fontconfig/xorg-mkfontscale of font packages

Andreas Radke andyrtr at archlinux.org
Thu Jul 2 11:42:46 UTC 2020

Am Thu, 2 Jul 2020 13:00:27 +0200
schrieb Baptiste Jonglez <baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org>:

> This is only midly annoying because I should have cleaned those up
> long ago, but maybe put a notice on the website about this change?
>

> Baptiste

Everything in our repos has been fixed to allow a smooth -Syu upgrade
path. We don't post news items for every package we remove (here
xorg-font-utils) or split/rename (-alias packages here). That's why the
discussion happens here before.

We are not responsible for AUR stuff or custom packages. And in this
case these packages had broken dependencies long before this package
renaming/split happened. A simple pacman -Qm check will also show what
happened to our repos.

We expect Arch users to follow this public mailing list here and fix and
rebuild related custom packages.

-Andy