[arch-dev-public] Add active Python versions to the repos

Filipe Laíns lains at archlinux.org
Sun Nov 22 15:32:22 UTC 2020

On Sun, 2020-11-22 at 09:13 -0600, Doug Newgard via arch-dev-public wrote:
> Why did you start the discussion if you plan on ignoring other people's
> opinions anyway?
>
> Doug

I am not ignoring Andreas' or Eli's opinion, I understand that they don't want
these packages in the repos. What I am asking is why they don't want them there?

I have addressed the concern Andreas raised. I am not sure if satisfactorily to
him as he has not replied yet.

Eli, so far, has presented me with the current status quo, stating this is not
we currently do. Which was never what I was arguing, that's why I have started
this thread, in hope of changing that.
From his reply, the only part I see as actual reasoning against the proposed
change is this:

> I don't see any reason why [community] needs to grow to support the
needs of exclusively Continuous Integration testsuite matrixes.

Which I have addressed.
Please let me know if I've missed any of his points.

Cheers,
Filipe Laíns