[arch-dev-public] News draft: Accessibility features added to installation media

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Sat Oct 31 18:52:54 UTC 2020

Hey all,

below is the news item I would like to post once the installation medium
is released some time tomorrow:

```
We are very happy to announce that accessibility features have been
added to our installation medium with [archiso
v49](https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/archiso/-/tags/v49). From
release 2020.11.01 onwards these are available via the 2nd boot loader
menu item.

Many thanks go to Alexander Epaneshnikov who integrated the features
from the [TalkinArch](https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/TalkingArch)
project into archiso's releng profile, which is used for creating the
installation medium.

Note: The bootloader timeouts have been set to 15s to allow blind users
to select the menu item as the bootloaders themselves do not offer
accessibility features.
The timeout is stopped as soon as e.g. an arrow key is pressed.
```

If you have improvement suggestions, please let me know!

Best,
David

--
https://sleepmap.de