[arch-dev-public] namcap maintainership

Caleb Maclennan caleb at alerque.com
Sat Aug 21 19:41:16 UTC 2021

On 2021-08-21 22:24, Jelle van der Waa via arch-dev-public wrote:
> I would love to see someone from our team pick up namcap
> maintainership, take a look at all the pending patches, bugs on the
> tracker and keep it in shape. Is anyone interested in potentially
> picking up this task?

I may be interested. Actually I'm quite interested but have a couple
hesitations:

* Python isn't my favorite or strongest suit. I can get around in it of
course, and for maintenance work and facilitating other contributions I
think it would suffice.

* I'm close to maxed out on time commitments and don't want to say I'll
do more than I'll actually get around to doing. I can at least help
transition it from "abandoned" to "maintained" mode. I probably can't
spearhead an effort to overhaul it or take it in bold new directions,
but I don't necessarily think that's what it needs either.

If fending off bitrot and facilitating other contributors is what it
needs, I'm willing to jump in. It would be nice if at least one or two
others were interested in joining that effort in tandem though.

Caleb