[arch-dev-public] namcap maintainership

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Sat Aug 21 19:24:20 UTC 2021

Hi All,

I find a bit unfortunate to write this email, but I've emailed keenerd
one month ago about git.archlinux.org being deprecated and namcap which
he maintains being moved to Gitlab. So far I have not received a reply
from keenerd.

It also seems that namcap has not seen commits in a year and there are
patches on the mailing list (arch-projects) for it. [2] [3]

I would love to see someone from our team pick up namcap maintainership,
take a look at all the pending patches, bugs on the tracker and keep it
in shape. Is anyone interested in potentially picking up this task?

[1] https://gitlab.archlinux.org/pacman/namcap
[2]
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-projects/2021-January/005411.html
[3]