[arch-dev-public] Upcoming PHP 8.1 update

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Mon Dec 6 17:53:47 UTC 2021

On 2021-12-06 18:32:49 (+0100), Pierre Schmitz via arch-dev-public wrote:
> In general we could provide PHP 7 till its end of life in about eleven
> months. But I don't think its worth providing several different minor
> versions at the same time.

I agree.

> This is not how semver is supposed to work :-) (Someone should check
> Nextcloud but looking at their PR it mostly seems about tests,
> documentation and deprecations but no hard errors).

I would definitely wait until the PR for nextcloud [1] has settled (it's
still a draft).
The changes apply to 23.0.0 (which has been in testing only for a few
hours).
Do note, that effects of php 8.1.0 on the nextcloud-apps is completely
unaccounted for in this scenario.

I would like to have nextcloud 23.0.0 in [community] before we proceed
with any testing with php 8.1.0 if that is fine with you.

Best,
David

[1] https://github.com/nextcloud/server/pull/29862/commits

--