[arch-dev-public] RFC: Using RFCs

Morten Linderud foxboron at archlinux.org
Mon Feb 15 21:54:58 UTC 2021

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 06:45:02PM -0300, Giancarlo Razzolini wrote:
> Em fevereiro 15, 2021 15:27 Morten Linderud via arch-dev-public escreveu:
> >
> > A general concern is "who has access to the repository"? Can anyone take the
> > template and submit an RFC that we'd need to consider on the mailing list after
> > a subsequent discussion? I can see it clear as sky the day Gitlab opens and
> > someone figures they'll submit an RFC to move away from systemd to
> > sysvinit/openrc/runit clear as day.
> >

> We discussed this and I think eventually anyone should be able to propose a RFC. But,
> since as our gitlab isn't open and, the rfc requires an a-d-p announcement, this is limited
> to staff members for now.
>
> The repository currently allows anyone with access to create MR's, but it can be restricted to
> members only, if needed.

This doesn't address the issue and just reiterated the points? Gitlab is going
to be opened within the next months and we have users on Gitlab today. It's not
limited to staff.

Is it our obligation to propose any user-made RFC to a-d-p on behalf of them? Do
we want that?

The process is not clear and either assumes the RFC proposer can announce it, or
makes it implicit that it will be announced.

--
Morten Linderud
PGP: 9C02FF419FECBE16