[arch-dev-public] Chromium losing Sync support on March 15

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Wed Jan 20 17:28:11 UTC 2021

Em janeiro 20, 2021 13:38 Giancarlo Razzolini via arch-dev-public escreveu:
> I'm fine with this approach, and I hope it works for a long time.

After reading this thread [0], I think that, if we keep using their keys, or even
start using the chrome keys, this might put Arch into muddy legal waters and I don't
think that's a good idea.

So, if after March 15th you feel like orphaning chromium, I would adopt it and keep it
on the repos without the sync feature. Also, if there's any other key we should stop
using, now it's a good time to know.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini

[0] https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/g/embedder-dev/c/NXm7GIKTNTE