[arch-dev-public] Chromium losing Sync support on March 15

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Wed Jan 20 20:16:59 UTC 2021

On 20/01/2021 18:28, Giancarlo Razzolini via arch-dev-public wrote:
> Em janeiro 20, 2021 13:38 Giancarlo Razzolini via arch-dev-public escreveu:
>> I'm fine with this approach, and I hope it works for a long time.
>>

> After reading this thread [0], I think that, if we keep using their
> keys, or even
> start using the chrome keys, this might put Arch into muddy legal waters
> and I don't
> think that's a good idea.

I feel the same, I personally don't want us to bear the burden of a
possible backlash from a big corporation for us potentially misusing
their API keys.

Note that the Fedora maintainer noted that they will not include these
API keys although they are readily available. [1]

[1] https://twitter.com/spotfoss/status/1351665708837572609

Greetings,

Jelle van der Waa