[arch-dev-public] Chromium losing Sync support on March 15

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Wed Jan 20 20:52:36 UTC 2021

Em janeiro 20, 2021 17:28 Anatol Pomozov via arch-dev-public escreveu:

> Would it be possible to make this "Google cloud sync" functionality
> optional/pluggable? i.e. the opensource Chromium package is going to
> be available in the official repo. And anyone who wants to enable the
> GoogleSync has to install a package from AUR. Similar to how
> Chromium+DRM integration is done using chromium-widevine AUR package.

The API keys are public and can easily be obtained on the internet. They
have been public for a long time now, if I understood correctly.

Also, they can be provided by environment variables, instead of being baked
into the package by us. So, uses wanting sync functionality could use chrome
keys at their own risk by just providing a few env vars.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini