[arch-dev-public] Chromium losing Sync support on March 15

Konstantin Gizdov arch at kge.pw
Wed Jan 27 01:19:09 UTC 2021

On 1/27/21 1:31 AM, Morten Linderud via arch-dev-public wrote:
> I disagree on utilzing the AUR for an extended turf-war. Drop it from the
> repositories and people can maintain it in the AUR. It's user contributed stuff
> anyway and you are going to battle fork regardless for moderation purposes.
>
> Is chrome banned? Ungoogled-chromium fine? Banned? What about other derivative
> crap you suddenly need to actively ban and think about?
>
> Assuming someone is even there to even hit the button on the deletion request.

Correct me if I'm wrong. An AUR package will have to have the keys
verbatim in the PKGBUILD. We would be essentially hosting this
information on the AUR, which would be in violation of Google's new
terms, right? So how are we going to allow such packages and not get a
Cease and Desist?

On that point, we could grep by the value of the keys and delete
automatically.

--
Regards,
Konstantin