[arch-dev-public] Looking for co-maintainers (and proposal to join cross toolchain packages)

Santiago Torres-Arias santiago at archlinux.org
Wed Jun 16 19:20:49 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 07:30:47PM +0100, Filipe Laíns via arch-dev-public wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Over the past few weeks, perhaps months(?), I have been struggling a little bit
> with mental health and that has made it a bit harder to keep up-to-date with
> packaging.

Hey, I'm sorry to hear about this. Besides the maintainership, please
know that I'm here if you ever want to talk about things.

> For this reason, I would like find co-maintainers for my packages, so that it
> eases things in times like this. Feel free to adopt any of my packages, just let
> me know via email or IRC that you have done so.
>
> https://archlinux.org/packages/?maintainer=FFY00

I'm adding a list at the bottom to help people prioritize adoptions.
This in theory should be the packages that have Filipe as the only
maintainer.

FWIW, I'll be helping with openocd as I use it often. I'm also going to
take on blackmagic and python-libevdev :)

> Some of the packages that give me the most work are the cross toolchains, not
> because they are difficult to maintain, they aren't, they just take some work. I
> was wondering if perhaps we could maybe join them together in one single
> PKGBUILD? Anatol, Eli, NicoHood and Felix maintain the rest of the cross
> toolchains, so if they agree maybe we could join all architectures into a single
> PKGBUILD for each component?
>
> Cheers,
> Filipe Laíns

Cheers!
-Santiago

santiago at ~/.../contrib/package ✔ ./pkgsearch -m FFY00
adrdox
ansible-bender
at51
blackmagic