[arch-dev-public] gnupg 2.3.1-1 pulled from [testing]

Morten Linderud foxboron at archlinux.org
Tue May 11 13:20:54 UTC 2021

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 11:15:50PM +1000, Allan McRae via arch-dev-public wrote:
> I'd also like to query why 2.3.x was packaged at all?  From the 2.3
> series announcement:
>
> "We are pleased to announce the availability of a new GnuPG release:
> version 2.3.0. This release marks the start of public testing releases
> eventually leading to a new stable version 2.4."
>
> It seems that we should stay with 2.2.x until 2.4 is released, and the
> out-of-date flag should be ignored.  That will give time to fix the
> fallout from this change (which is the root cause of the issue that was
> noticed):
> https://dev.gnupg.org/T4735

Consider the announcement for the 2.3.1 release:

"Although some bugs might linger in the 2.3 versions, they are intended
to replace the 2.2 series."

I'm not sure if the note was only intended for the 2.3.0 release?

https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-announce/2021q2/000459.html

--
Morten Linderud
PGP: 9C02FF419FECBE16