[arch-dev-public] [RFC] archweb nvchecker integration

Evangelos Foutras evangelos at foutrelis.com
Wed Feb 2 17:32:30 UTC 2022

On Mon, 31 Jan 2022 at 22:27, Jelle van der Waa via arch-dev-public
<arch-dev-public at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:

> The question is if anyone object to checking these small .NVCHECKER
> files into our svn repository. If there are no real objections, I'll
> start implementing this functionality into archweb in two weeks.

I'm not fond of the hidden all-caps filename for editable sources
(whereas it's fine for .BUILDINFO and friends). More importantly
though, has integration with [1] been considered? The best way to
implement automatic version checking in Arch is to use existing
infrastructure if possible. 🐱

[1] https://release-monitoring.org/