[arch-dev-public] Arch Linux in December 2021

Levente Polyak anthraxx at archlinux.org
Sun Jan 9 21:41:12 UTC 2022

## Staff

We are happy to welcome Segaja among the Trusted Users [0].

## Monthly Report

We have switched the format of the monthly report to specifically report
the progress of the whole previous month.

## Debug packages

The dbscripts repository handling for debug packages has successfully
been merged [1] and deployed. Successive integration has been submitted
to devtools [2] as well as pacman improvements related to PKGINFO [3]
and debugedit [4][5].

## Keyring

As the last step of migrating our keyring to a new tooling and a local
source of truth we have re-boostrapped the trust with an initial import
of the old trust data into the new curated data structure [6]. We are
still inviting people to look at the current trust data and cross verify
the results.

## pacman

A new library dependency feature has been submitted to makepkg [7]. At
the end of package building, makepkg will look in the library
directories and auto add a library provide that packages can auto depend on.

Patches were submitted to alternatively choose asignify for package
signatures [8] while keeping gnupg as default in place.

## LTO

With the availability of the latest devtools release a lot of freshly
updated packages were built with LTO. We have encountered different set
of issues that needed to be tackled. Some language specific problems
have popped up including but not limited to Go and Rust that require
some documentation and adjustments.

## ArchWiki

After being broken for almost four months, ArchWiki is once again
readable on small screens.

[0]
https://www.mail-archive.com/aur-general@lists.archlinux.org/msg00635.html
[1] https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/dbscripts/-/merge_requests/21