[arch-dev-public] openssl 3.0
pierre at archlinux.de
Sun Jan 30 12:02:17 UTC 2022
So I just build the 437 packages (pkgbase) and let my computer compile
for just 25 hours. The initial results can be seen here
Currently there are 27 packages in [core]/[extra] and 92 in
[community] that do not build. I did not check the logs for every
package yet, but I guess there are these categories:
* package does not build regardless of OpenSSL (e.g. unavailable
sources, checksum mismatch, issues due to LTO, ...)
* packages also links to a not yet update package that still uses openssl-1.1
* packages are actually incompatible with OpenSSL 3.0
I'll need some help with:
* Document why a package fails (complete build logs are attached to
the document linked above)
* Create a todo list for packages that are broken for other reasons and fix them
* Review the legacy openssl-1.1 package and check if this approach is
valid. (last time we patched versiond symbols in 1.0 which I did not
apply here) See
* Fix the incompatible packages and as a last resort link to 1.1
PS: if there is a tool that is able to rebuild and install packages in
the correct order (not by explicit dependency but by so lib links),
let me know.
On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 9:41 AM Maxime Gauduin via arch-dev-public
<arch-dev-public at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2022-01-27 at 16:47 +0100, Christian Hesse via arch-dev-public
> > Pierre Schmitz via arch-dev-public
> > <arch-dev-public at lists.archlinux.org> on
> > Sun, 2022/01/23 12:50:
> > > Next steps:
> > > 1) Let's agree on a time window where no other rebuild can take
> > > place
> > > within our staging repos. How about at least the first two weeks in
> > > February?
> > I guess the ffmpeg 5.0 will be blocking for some time...
> Not necessarily. There are too many packages that don't build, I will
> maintain a temporary ffmpeg4.4 package to get this todo out quickly.
> Should have time for this over the weekend.
Pierre Schmitz, https://pierre-schmitz.com
More information about the arch-dev-public