[arch-dev-public] Updates to archlinux-keyring and signatures for packager keys

Morten Linderud foxboron at archlinux.org
Sat Jan 15 01:03:11 UTC 2022

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 09:12:37PM +0100, David Runge via arch-dev-public wrote:
> If you have gained more than or equal to three main key signatures for
> your new PGP key and the key as well as those signatures are already
> available in the keyring in [core] please rebuild all of your packages
> using your new key and start the process of having your old key removed
> [4].
>
> For the purpose of mass package rebuilding you may create a TODO [5] and
> use `rebuild-todo` (in the archlinux-contrib package) which makes use of
> our build server infrastructure.

Just to be a bit fun and showcasing contrib tooling. You don't actually *need*
to create a TODO for rebuild-todo. You can pipe a search from `pkgsearch` (also
from contrib, previously named co-maintainers) directly into `rebuild-todo`.

$ pkgsearch -p Foxboron -r community | rebuild-todo --community -m "package rebuild" -

This would rebuild all my packages from communtiy. pkgsearch is a bit slow, but
I promise that it works :)

Please do note that `rebuild-todo` won't necessarily keep track of what it has
and hasn't rebuilt. Also do note you need to specify the repositories since
`rebuild-todo` doesn't understand where packages belong :)

Hopefully I'll get some more tooling improvements done for package rebuilds. But
this is already quite neat and handy.

--
Morten Linderud
PGP: 9C02FF419FECBE16