[arch-dev-public] Moving base-devel dependencies to [core]

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Fri Mar 4 01:02:04 UTC 2022

On 24/2/22 00:03, Allan McRae via arch-dev-public wrote:
> On 23/2/22 22:24, Allan McRae via arch-dev-public wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I notice when using devtools, the following packages from [extra] get
>> pulled into our clean build root:
>>
>> extra/gc
>> extra/guile
>> extra/libsysprof-capture
>> extra/libxml2

The above have not been moved into [core].   But now I notice...

community/tpm2-tss -> libsecret -> pinentry -> gnupg

So there is a base-devel package depending on a [community] package!
This dependency was added the day of my original email. :)

The tpm2-tss package is co-maintained by Filipe and Jonas.  When moved
to [core], Filipe will lose access to package it (due to only Developers
having access to [core]).  So Jonas will become sole maintainer.

@Jonas & @Filipe:  is this change in maintenance an issue?

Allan